Thursday, September 11, 2014

One choice from a new beginning....do you take it?



This quote keeps popping up on my goodreads feed, and I have decided that I may have to take it as a sign.

I'm not going to get into details, as I'm not entirely sure who all reads this... But... work is screwing me over. I'm still on contract, and in order to keep it I will have to apply (and interview) for it.  No big deal, I Half expected this. A YEAR AGO. Not one month from my permanent status. Especially when they don't have to post it and could just 'give' it to me.

Anyways; I feel like I have to apply, as I have nothing else lined up - and well we need the money. However, it is no secret that I don't entirely love my job. I have never wanted to do this. I just felt like it was a way to get my foot in the door. My foots been in the door for 3 years now. Nothings changed. If I apply, interview and actually get the job I feel as if I will be stuck doing something that I don't want to be doing. Sure I'll get great benefits, a steady and good paycheque, freedom of leaving early and taking 'extra' days off.

BUT...

What if I take this quote as a sign and take take Oprah's advice and use my choice to start a new beginning start to look for something else, hopefully where my passion lies? I know I will be 100% happier.


Grown up decisions....Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment