Thursday, February 28, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol


I know it’s a classic and people are obsessed with it, but I hated it, he whole time reading it I couldn’t help but think what kind of drugs Lewis Caroll was on.   Although I guess there is strong evidence that he wasn't. But maybe he should have said yes becuase his sober mind is F-ed up otherwise.
I’m sure most of you know the story, Alice falls down a hole, meets a talking rabbit, sees a cheshsire cat plays some lawn game with the Queen of Hearts, gets big, gets small, drinks some tea (now, obviously her mother has never taught her not to take things from strangers, let alone a talking animal!) –I know I probably got the order wrong, but really I don’t care.

There was no plot, no theme, no point. Half the time I had no idea what the characters were talking about and skimmed on to the next page.  Admittingly it was very imaginative. I just wished I loaded up on my LSD before I read it.

1 star.  (although I do like some of the quotes in this book)
 
Alice in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment