Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top 10- Most Intimidating Book

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks Top Ten are theTen Most Intimidating Books.  I found this list to be intriguing and difficult to pick out 10.   And most are actually from my classic pile  and they make it on the list because I have such a hard time reading them, as I just cannot see why they made the popularity list!

And in no particular order!
Anna KareninaJane Eyre


Catch-22A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)

Jonathan Strange & Mr NorrellUlysses


The Fault in Our StarsLes Misérables

Mein KampfVanity Fair




1) Anna Karenina  by Leo Tolstoy (classic, enough said)
2) Jane Eyre  by Charlotte Bronte (another classic female writer)
3) Catch 22 by Jospeh Heller ( I have always wanted to read this, but always think I will be dissapointed.
4) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (with all the hype of this series and the TV show... Just scared that it won't live up to it)
5) Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark (the size of this book)
6) Ulyesse by James Joyce (the title scares me for some reason)
7) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ( I have wanted to read this forever and I just can't, what if its not as good as everyone says it is?)
8) Les Miserables by Vicotr Hugo (ths sheer size of this book!)
9) Mein Kamp by Adolf Hitler (the topic mainly and where it stemmed from there, plus I'm intimated by the looks people will give me when I'm reading it)
10) Vanity Fair by William Thackeray ( so long!)











2 comments:

  1. SO MUCH LOVE FOR JANE EYRE!!! Seriously, it's one of my all-time favourite books!
    The size of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel intimidates me as well...
    And A Game of Thrones is SO GOOD! The writing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, Les Miserables and A Song of Ice and Fire makes my list as well. Catch-22 is one of my favorite books it actually makes me laugh a lot so I'd recommend it.

    ReplyDelete