Monday, August 19, 2013

New Feature: Bevvie and a Book

As you may have noticed my blog is called Champagne and Books. That obviously means that I like to drink while expanding my mind.  It was a spectacular hot weekend in Calgary this weekend as I was reading on the deck, I had this spectacular idea for another blog feature. It may have come because of the book I was reading was called  "Are you There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler, or the fact that I was drinking delicious mojito's at the time but....I am going to feature the recipie of the drink that I am currently drinking while reading. Yay? Nay?


Mojito's Kendra Style:

-white rum
-mint leaves
-sugar ( I didn't have liquid sugar so i just sprinkled some into the shaker)
-club soda
-ice cubes

"grind" the mint - I don't have a fancy pestle thingy, so I just kinda rolled them and tried to infuse the flavour.
Add it all in a shaker and shake away.

Note: do not add the club soda in the shaker. It will fizz all over and cause a great mess with a husband shaking his head at you. ( I mean, so I heard)

Enjoy!



I was trying to find up a name for this feature, and the first thing that came to mind is Shitfaced Saturday. I then realized that that is probably not the best title and well, lets be honest I'm not so good at posting on the weekends! So... I'm still working on catchy title; Bevvie and a Book perhaps?
There will also be more pictures, but its a work in progress!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment