Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Survey

I was finally getting through all my to-read blogs and I came across this little Christmas survey on Running with Spoons. And well, I love surveys and Christmas so I just had to do this!


Before Christmas…
Do you send out Christmas cards?
I usually do. This year I have just been to busy lazy to send them out.  I even made them. I feel really bad, maybe today I will get them out there so they can actually be received by Christmas!
How soon do you start shopping?
In all honesty, I usually don't start until after my birthday (Dec. 11th).  Unless I find something that just speaks to me. 
Do you have a lot of gifts to buy?
Not really.  My immediate family, the hubs, the dogs, and the in-law family (thankfully that gets cut down a lot because we do a Secret Santa/Chinese Gift Exchange- otherwise it would be quite high in the number of gifts)
Do you bake cookies?
Sure do. Shortbread and gingerbread ones are on my rotation every year. That is actually what I'm going to be doing this weekend.


Decorations…
Do you put up a Christmas tree?
Of course. The past few years we have been putting up a fake tree. This means it can go up on December 1st and I don't have to worry about it dying.
If so, is it fake or real? 
See above. I love the real smell though.
Do you like tinsel?
Hell no. That shit gets everywhere. 
Do you use homeade or storebought ornaments? 
Storebought. Every year growing up, on December 6th we received an ornament. This was to ensure that when we moved out we would have something to put on our own Christmas tree.  Me and the hubs have continued this exchanging of ornaments, that we have quite the mishmash of ornaments. But I love it. None of this mathcy matchy stuff!
Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?
Usually. We just moved into this house this year, so we weren't really prepared with lights. Plus the nicest week was when we were in Cuba, so its really been too cold to put them up. That being said, we managed to string one set of icicle lights front the garage, and they are half burnt out. We are that family.
Do you put lights on the tree? 
Well they came with the tree.
How about popcorn and cranberries?
Have you met my dogs? Those would try to be eaten the instant we put them up, causing a tree disaster!
Is there a wreath hanging on your door?
Yup!


Christmas Eve…
Do you celebrate it?
Yes!  Growing up this was the time where we had Chinese food and was allowed to open one present (usually Christmas PJs). Now, as we have to coordinate with in-laws, my side of the family celebrates on the 24th, usually ew do fondue, but this year we are actually going to do a turkey. I am super excited as this is the first year with my sister's and brother in-laws kid!
Do you hang up your stocking?
Sure do!
Have you ever left cookies out for Santa?
We did, then sometimes Santa asked for a beer the next year.

Favourite…
Christmas Movie?
A tie between Love Actually,  Christmas Vacation and Elf.
Character from any Christmas Movie?
Clark Griswold.
Christmas Song?
Do The Know It's Christmas by Band-Aid. 
Christmas Memory?
Tough. I have a favourite from every christmas. I can't pick. I guess the best was 4? years ago when Garett proposed to me on the 23rd (our anniversary)- so it was a perfect start to the holiday season.
Christmas cookie?
Shortbread!  

 

This or That…
Give or Receive?
GIs it horrible of me to say receive??
Ham or Turkey?
Turkey… Not a fan of ham, unless its sandwich meat. 
Star or Angel?
Star. The ziggy star to be more specific.
White Lights or Coloured Lights?
White on the tree. Blue on house.
Blinking Lights or Still Lights?
Still. I feel like I'm having epilepsy with the blinking ones.
Were you Naughty or Nice this year?
Nice. Yes, we will go with that. 
Presents…
What do you want for Christmas this year?
a kitchen table.  Lol. 
When do you open your gifts?
Christmas Eve, then stockings with G on Christmas Day, and then the rest with G's family whenever we can all get together. this year will be on the 28th!
What’s the best gift you’ve ever gotten?
I remembered when I was like 7 and i got hit s pink fuzzy worm thing. I loved that thing. Or growing up with all of the new Barbies!
What’s the worst gift you’ve ever gotten?
When my boyfriend at the time told me he was cheating on me.  Merry Christmas and fuck you too!
Do you like wrapping gifts?
No. That is why I use reusable bags!


Random…
Can you name all the reindeer?
Dasher, Prancer Vixen, Cupid, Rudolph, and that's all I got. 
Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?
Only when someone is like ''ooooh you two are under the mistletoe" but not like anything serendipitous. 
Do you go carolling?
Have you heard me sing? I wouldn't do that to people. But I really do enjoy carollers coming around. 
Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?Not anymore. We go to zoo lights, so we walk around. In Edmonton we used to go through Candy Cane Lane, and one year I decided I could only speak in an Italian accent (i was a weird child)
Have you ever had a white Christmas? Umm, I live in Canada. Yes. All the time. Excpet maybe 2 years. And it was so sad. 
Who do you celebrate Christmas with?My family (mom,dad, sister, brother inalw, nephew, Oma) and then G's family  (mom,dad,sister,2 brothers, 2 nephews, all their significant others, g-mas, aunts, uncles, cousins)
Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa? 
I'm sure I have.
What part of Christmas do you look most foward to?
Love Actually, decorating the house, egg nog and rum, cookies, and not having to workout for a couple weeks as a gift to myself! 

1 comment:

  1. Love our little holiday traditions! Sorry bout the lights this year sweets, I promise next year will rock! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete