Monday, December 23, 2013

Tis the season'

For the flu. Not fun. I have been sick all weekend. So this weekend post is going to be pretty dry....



Not that anytime is the best time to get the flu, but the last weekend before Christmas... come on health gods!

Anyways.. I tried all the natural home remedies along with all the store bought ones and I have to say that I am actually feeling maybe about 80% better.

So those natural home remedies:

I tried a detox bath.  1-2 cups of epson salt, 1 cup of baking soda, 1tsp-3tbsp ground ginger, some essential oils so it doesn't smell too bad.  They recommend 20-40 minutes, and lots of water. I don't know if this worked or not, because our bath tub- which is huge and should be perfect for these things- decided to only fill about 1/4 of it with hot water. So amongst trips with boiling water on the stove. I really didn't feel detoxed. More just pissed.

I also tried the apple cider vinegar drink. And I hate to say that this might actually have worked. 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, cup of hot water, and enough honey to make it drinkable (about a couple squirts). It honestly doesn't taste too bad, it just smells like vinegar.


Oh and in a midst of the sickness, I managed to make some white chocolate gingerbread cookies and a creamy mac n' cheese.


Sami's Shenanigans



No comments:

Post a Comment