Wednesday, May 21, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: End of Innocence by Alessandra Torre

If you would like to read my reviews of the first 2 books in this series; Blindfold Innocence and Masked Innocence..click here.

End of the Innocence (Innocence, #3)







He thought I owned him. He thought he loved me, that I was enough. But this animal, this sex god who could drive me crazy and steal my heart in the same breath, he would never fully be mine. It was impossible. No one ever owned a God…

One year. I have one year to find out more about this man I am marrying. More about his family. More about our sex, and all of the dirty, delicious places it will take me.

I thought I’d spend this year making a decision. I never thought the decision would be taken from me, snatched right from my naive little hands.


This is the final chapter in the Innocence series. And it was the best one, in my humble opinion. So much so that I gave it 4 stars.

It jumps right in, so if you didn't read the first two books, you wouldn't have a clue what was going on.  So don't read the book or this review if you haven't read it. There will be spoilers for you.

Anyways, Julia is giving Brad de Luca a one year engagement. One that was basically forced on each other because Brad belongs to a gangster family and they want to kill her. Well they can't if shes family. Sneaky sneaky Brad.

The thing I like about this series is that the sex scenes are done well. They aren't every second page, and they are described pretty decent.  Brad and Julia still like to engage in group sex/threesomes - so there is a bit of that thrown into the mix. They were kinky and raw, and well that's what you want when you pick up an erotica book.

“I didn’t, couldn’t, begrudge any woman who wanted Brad. I wanted him for everything— his strength, his weakness, his sexuality, his humor, his ego, his temper, and his security.” 

I also liked how Julia finally started questioning things, about if she really did want to marry him. I respect that she waited a year too decide something that was thrown at her.  And it seemed like Brad did in fact love her in the end. He passed all the tests thrown at him. His controlling ass of a nature didn't even matter in the end.

And I have to say the final part of the book was really good,  it definitely kept me glued to my iPad until I finished it. Turned into a bit of a mystery type book, which was done right.

So the series started good, had a slow middle, and then picked up at the end for a good finale.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment