Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Exposed by Jessica Love- Book Review

Exposed (Exposed Series, #1)  You don't think we've met? We have, more than once. I sat next to you once at the airport, and you asked me what time it was. I hoped you wanted to strike up a conversation. We sat at tables next to each other at that coffee shop on the corner, where the atmosphere and coffee both have character. 

Remember when I caught you staring at me when I came out of the court house? Or was it the exquisite old building where I practice law? You were embarrassed, but I didn't mind at all. In fact, you made me smile. 

Maybe we met at one of the “special clubs” I enjoy in Seattle, or Portland, or Vancouver or San Francisco, Denver or Las Vegas. You know, clubs where clothing is optional and anything goes, with friends or with strangers. I admit I like that, but “no” always means “NO.” 
I’ve been told I am as cold as the antarctic, or as hot as a black sand beach in the Caribbean; it’s said I am either indifferent, or too passionately engaged. These are labels and don’t really matter to me any more. I’ve been called a slut, a force, a lawyer, a nymphomaniac. You decide which one was the insult if you'd like, I don’t really care. This book is about who I am and why I’m that way. I describe a few events in a story you will think explains everything. It does not, but will give you an idea of how I grew up, how I discovered sex, what I like about men and what I don’t, how close I came to being murdered and how that led to my discovery of who I really am. 



Sometimes, when explanations fail, story is all we have. And though my story may be very different from yours, you and I are very much alike in that place where we hide our desire.


 (Received this book via netgalley for an honest review)

3 stars.

That was a very long winded synopsis for this book. But basically it sums up what this book is about.

I give this books 3 stars, because I really enjoyed the beginning of it. Then it somehow lost my interest. I think the beginning was enticing, because she kept giving us little snippets of her past, and saying how these certain (sexual) escapades made her who she is today. A very successful lawyer who likes to participate in group sex at a 'secret' club.  All fine and dandy... The problem I had was that the emphasis she placed on her past voyeuristic sexcapades making her a bad seed and everything, didn't really come into play later into the novel... Or maybe it did and I just skimmed through those parts?  I just felt like there as a discontinuity with why she liked fucking in public and the whole reason to her law mission... 

I didn't even realize that Jessica Love was the 'author' of this book.  So, the story may be more 'true' than it is let on as well...  Or just a clever marketing ploy.

So all in all, it was a decent read. But not great. I kept reading just to see what would happen, then ... nothing... 


"Everything passes. everything weary, everything breaks"

No comments:

Post a Comment