I have found a new obsession to add to my diet. Kefir.
I was always a bit skeptical of it in the grocery store because I thought it was just fermented milk. Turns out it's not. It is yogurts super big brother, basically more potent and probiotic filled than the regular stuff. Plus it tastes like Yop. And who didn't love those as a kid?
And Kefir has amazing health benefits as well!
Here are some of the top 10 benefits I found:
- Supports a healthy immune system - helps combat allergies, as well as act as a natural antibiotic
- Natural energy boost, giving you a ton of energy
- Helps to curb cravings for junk food, as it is very filling (full of protein) = great for weight loss
- Supports healthy digestive system, while supporting regular bowel movements. All the while reducing the amount you fart
- Contains high amounts of minerals (especially phosphorus), and amino acids
- High in calcium, magnesium, vitmin B-12, vitamin K, Vitamin D and biotin to name a few more
- It is great for nursing mothers, as well as for kids!
- It’s abundant in tryptophan, which is relaxing to the nervous system
- Great for healthy skin (anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties are found in kefir)
- Supports a healthy brain, joints, blood pressure
and as a bonus: It's delicious and versatile (throw it in a smoothie, drink in plain)