Thursday, August 1, 2013

August To Read List


So, here is my list of things I wanted to read in July:
Blood of the Lamb: A Novel of Secrets by Sam Cabot
Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dick
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Belinda's Ring by Corinna Chong (I'm especially excited about this one because my childhood friend's sister wrote it!)
419 by Will Ferguson
Drunk Tank Pink by Adam Alter
Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
Where we belong by Emily Giffin
Charles Dickens: A Tale of Two Cities

 
As you see I sucked at following that list. Here is what I read instead:
It’s About Your Husband Laura Lipton
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
Rules of Civility by Amor Towes – Book Club Read
Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls – Book Club Read
12 Shades of Surrender- a compilation of sexy short stories
I’m Not Here by Janet Gurtler
Magic Bites by Ilona Andres
Waking Sleep Beauty Freak by Nina Lora
One Step To Far by Tina Seskis
Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones
 
 
So basically everything that wasn’t on my list! I did read 13 books though. Not bad, not bad.

Well as I shat the bed following the list for July….so I’m going to go with these for my August Reading list and see how well I stick with it.

 As I'm Currently reading:The Third Chimpanzee by Jared Diamond and Belinda's Ring by Corinna Chong (book club read) I won't add them on the list. They are like the prologues I guess.
 
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Tales of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (I feel like I need to wipe one off of the ol’ bucket list)
419 by Will Ferguson
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman ( virtual book club read)
Fame Game by Lauren Conrad
Chasing Beautiful by Pamela Ann
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
And I think I’m going to revisit the Harry Potter collection. YES!!!

2 comments:

  1. I sucked at my list in July too :)

    I do highly recommend The Kite Runner if you get around to it. I've read it... twice? three times? and still love it.

    I'm curious to see what you think about the Jared Diamond book, and that new "secret" Rowling book. I haven't decided if I'm going to try it yet or not.

    But yayyyy HP re-reads! Genius idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard nothing but good things about the Kite Runner. So i'm excited to open it.
    I wish that they kept the JK thing a secret for a bit longer. I feel that everyone is going to go into like they did with The Casual Vacancy myself included!

    ReplyDelete