Saturday, November 2, 2013

Baked Oatmeal: RECIPE

 I saw this recipe on pinterest and always looking for quick and new breakfast ideas, I acutally decided to make it. And it was fantastic.

Baked Oatmeal

(not my picture, courtesty of www.epicurious.com - I forgot to take one of mine)

The goods:
  • 2 cups of oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup walnut pieces ( I just threw in a handful because G doesn't like nuts, but I do)
  • 1/3 cup of syrup ( I had sugar free stuff, so it was "healthy")
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon ( I used about 2 tsp. because I like cinnamon {could this be why my baking usually fails})
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly ( I only used maybe 1 1/2 tbsp)
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (wasn't pure thats for sure)
  • 2 ripe bananas, cut into slices
  • 1 1/2 cups of whatever berries you choose

  • I also added a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Becaue, well I got a shit ton of it and it has to be used up.
    How to:
    I didn't follow the instrucrions on this. I just put everything in the bowl and mixed. Apparently you were suppose to layer the banana's and oatmeal crumble stuff. Who has time for that really? So, just mix it all together in one little bowl. Then transfer to a pretty casserole pan, I lightly sprayed it with PAM, then pop it in the oven at 375°F for 35ish minutes.
    It smells absolutely delicious while baking, that if you are starving while making it.... it makes it really hard!
    Tastes good and its a great breakfast that kept me full all morning!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment