Saturday, October 11, 2014

If I was President

(another Blogtober topic!)

I was going to write this out as If I was a Prime Minister because, well I am Canadian, and we have a Prime Minister instead of a President. But as I was thinking, the things that I would change, we have in Canada.

So yes, if I was President:

I would first things first, make all marriage equal. Love is love. And its an antiquated idea that it is only between a man and woman. Let everyone be married.

Secondly, I would make people care more about the environment. I was appalled when I went to Idaho and found out they couldn't recycle glass bottles! Are you freakin kidding me? I would make it so that there was a recycling bin right next to every garbage bin. You would use it, it would reduce trash.

Thirdly, I would shorten everyone's work week, to at least have 3 days off. I think this would make for a better work/life balance. This would be true for both PM and Presidential wishes.

Fourthly, I think I would make maternity/paternity leave a lot longer. Again, I'm not a mom but Im sure the ones out there would appreciate it. Yes a year (in Canada) is pretty good compared to a lot of other places in the world (the States), but I think longer would be beneficial to all...

Fithly, I would make coffee free. Well. One per day free. Don't want no coffee-oholic people running around.

(had to make the last one not so serious)

Good platform I think...

The Daily Tay Blogtober14

No comments:

Post a Comment