Monday, October 13, 2014

Pumpkin Pound Cake

Officially.... Happy Thanksgiving!


Today, the #Blogtober14 prompt is my favourite recipe for  the fall, and with fall comes me wanting to try anything with pumpkin.

So I decided that I was finally going to try out something I pinned.  ( I know...weird)

Pumpkin Pound Cake

This is the picture I took:




This is the picture the recipe gal took, it makes it look much more inviting. Obviously she is a food blogger, and I am definitely not. Oh, I suppose I should mention this recipe is from Sing For Your Supper.


So how to make this delicious and not diet worthy treat:

The goods:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree

The how to:

In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. 

Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves and pudding mix; add to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.

Transfer to a greased bundt pan. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. 

Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.

 Remove from pan and cool completely.

 Dust with icing sugar to make it look pretty.

Enjoy and don't feel guilty. Pumpkin is healthy right!



The Daily Tay Blogtober14



5 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks and sounds really amazing :)
    http://alovetriangle.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yours looks just as good! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um YUM! I actually, TRULY think yours looks better. I'm adding this to the must-make list now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I bet it tasted heavenly!

    Cynthia
    Sensibly Sharp
    Find me at : bloglovin' | facebook | instagram

    ReplyDelete