Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Turmeric Milk

As I am still getting over a cold, I like to try other things than the traditional nyquil. (Although nyquil works wonders).

I always do my detox bath, which I shared yesterday.

And today after going on pinterest searching for natural remedies and I found a pretty delicious drink.

Turmeric Milk, also called "Golden Milk"





The Ingredients:

- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried ginger


How To:

Warm-up the milk on the saucepan. Add the turmeric and ginger. Keep stirring until its all warm and bubbly.  Once it starts to bubble, take it off the burner and cover it. Let it steep for 10 minutes.

Pour in cup.

I added two sticks of honey and sprinkled some cinnamon.  As the initial taste was a little hard to swallow.  But, after adding those it turned out to be pretty tasty. And probably something I will make again.

Apparently turmeric is super good for you too.  So win/win.

No comments:

Post a Comment