Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Water-Colored Coffee Mug - Pinterest Fail

Ever try something on pinterest and it turned out horrible?

Of course. Some people make the DIY thing look so easy.

Thats what I thought when I saw this pin:



 So I checked out the website, and the directions looked pretty simple. Pour some nail polish in some water, swish it around, dip your mug into it... and voila, pretty mug you actually want to put on display. 

And now I will share you my step by step....

First I gathered my dolar store mugs, my trust bowl and nail polish of choice...



Gold!


 Then I mixed the two together... it kind of looks like egg yolks..


Then I dipped...


And it came out like this....


Not pretty at all.


I also must tell you guys that when I pulled it out of the mixture, it was this sheet of nail polish slime.  Not cool. I also must confess that I peeled off the first layer, nail polished removered it (yup, thats a new word) and tried again. Gaining the same result.

I just wanted the pretty picture form pinterest!






1 comment:

  1. Hahah I love Pinterest fails especially considering that most of my pinterest crafts are failures too. I'm curious to try it too and see how ridiculous mine would turn out.

    ReplyDelete