Thursday, July 30, 2015

RECIPE: Blueberry Muffins.

Well remember when I said I had a shit ton of blueberries. Well I still do. And with the upcoming long weekend,  I figured making some blueberry muffins would just be smart. 



So I headed to Pinterest, where  I found this Classic Blueberry Muffin recipe, courtesy of Five Heart Home.  I of course changed it a bit.

And let me tell you. Delicious. You are welcome fellow campers.

First gather your supplies.



And crack open a beer, as I find this helps my baking...(non-alcoholic for me....2 more months....)



Mix those ingredients together


Fill the muffin tins up and bake them.  And when you pull them out of the oven they will look like this...



Yup. They do look scrumptious. Eat away. 




The Goods:
  • 3 cups flour (all-purpose white flour OR whole wheat pastry flour) 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened  (I used Coconut Oil, as that is what I had on hand - same amount)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (this is my addition)
  • 2 cups blueberries, fresh OR frozen
  • Coarse sugar, for sprinkling on top (optional) - I used Vanilla Sugar.
The How To: (Straight from the aforementioned blog)
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Work in the softened butter with an electric mixer or fork. Blend in the eggs, milk, and vanilla until all ingredients are incorporated, but do not overbeat. Gently fold in the blueberries.
  3. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about 3/4 full. You should get 16 to 18 muffins out of this batter. If desired, sprinkle the top of each muffin with coarse sugar.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins just test done with a toothpick, taking care not to overbake. Remove muffins from pans and cool on a wire rack, or eat warm out of the oven with a pat of salted butter.













No comments:

Post a Comment