Monday, November 11, 2013

My poor liver...the weekend update!

I LOVE four day weekends. My liver however is probably cursing me.

My weekend was super packed with fun!  It all started with Thursday night where a bunch of old co-workers and I went to dinner at an East Indian restaurant, Maurya. Can never complain with a good butter chicken dish!  Friday was serpent being lazy, doing things around the house, going to Costco and trying out my first ever mussel dish (I can't say it was a complete success)  and then G and I went to the Naughty and Nice Taboo Sex Show. It was interesting to say the least. I think my favourite part was seeing a bunch of old people there, and them being all interested in dildos and stuff. Weird, but hey at least they have an active and exploratory sex life.  After the show we went for a couple of drinks to Vagabond. Once we got home we polished off a bottle of wine. Oh man... Then Saturday was spent puking. I don't think it was entirely due to the alcohol, but also a bit from the mussels- like I said, they weren't a complete success.

Saturday my family got together and we had a fantastic dinner. My dad 'bought' a chef for us, and all we had to do was enjoy the food and drinks. And that we did. It was fantastic, I wish my blogger instinct in me told me to take pictures. But the appetizer was duck, argula   and a cherry marmalade. This was followed by the most amazing caprese salad. For the main course we had arctic char, roasted potatoes and golden beets (so good). Desert was a chocolate crepe. It was delicious. Then in true Zelensky form once the drinks start flowing, we decided to play some kinect having a dance off. But oh no,  the dance-off didn't stop there. Once we got home, we were stopped by our neighbours as we were getting out of the cab- and they very astutely reasoned the kind of night we were having and invited us over for a few drinks. Well a few it was, and another dance party happened.
sb random 491 Sunday brunch (60 photos)



Sunday, was a nausea ball of shit.  We will leave it at that.

Today,  being Remembrance Day I urge you all to take a moment and thank all those past and current soldiers. They sacrificed so much for us to be free right now!




On the blog this past week:

- Live A Kick Ass life! A post about making you happy. I also made the decision to start up my easy store again; Twelve:TwentyThree. I'll keep you posted!  
- A recipe for cinnamon bread. This is definitely going to be the baking rounds. 
- a 300 ab workout
- An amazing crockpot recipe for southwestern bean chicken!


Sami's Shenanigans


No comments:

Post a Comment