Monday, September 12, 2016

Blackened Salmon. Blackened Taste.

Our neighbour gave us a few frozen filets of salmon from his recent fishing trip. so I decided to go onto pinterest and find a new way to prepare it instead of my usual lemon/butter/thai chili flakes.


 And I came across a recipe for blackened salmon, and thought perfect! G and I both usually love that type of spice, so I thought it was gonna be a win for sure.


The actual seasoning isn't hard to make at all, just combine all of these spices:


2 teaspoons Garlic Salt 
1 teaspoon Paprika 
1 teaspoon  Onion Powder 
1 teaspoon Oregano 
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper 
1/2 teaspoon Thyme

Then you rub it on the salmon.  Again, pretty easy.

I even pulled out my cast iron pan. 

G said it tasted old. And I had to agree, it just wasn't worth using the salmon for. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is because of my paprika, as its a sweet/"old" type version..

(also forgot to take a pic of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment